Shimano Gran Fondo
The Shimano Gran Fondo is scheduled for Sunday, August 27, 2017 at Shimano Canada’s head office in Peterborough, Ontario.
In our second year, we will be adding to the experience.
First, we will be focussing again on the packages every cyclist will receive. We want to provide some pleasant surprises and leave our riders with gear that they can use in years to come.
- We will also focus our efforts on the Gran Fondo’s group composition and infrastructure out on course. We will be adding more support vehicles and rest stops. We will also have two routes in 2017; one that is shorter with less elevation gain and one that is longer, with more hills and exposed sections. The distances, group compositions and courses we design will combine to achieve the intended purpose; to enhance the rider experience.
- Finally, in 2017 we will introduce FRETORIA; a women’s specific Gran Fondo package. This is without doubt one of the most exciting facets being added to this year’s event. We’d like every lady who attends the Gran Fondo to receive a package that is designed for women, by women who ride a bike. In the package, we will have a women’s specific cycling kit and colour options, along with a myriad of other products and gear designed to suit the needs of a female cyclist.
Technical guides, course and final detailed information will be available in May, once the course and key logistical items are finalized. Finally – we will reach out two weeks prior to Gran Fondo to find out what distance and group you'd like to ride in on the day of the Gran Fondo.
To register today:
1) Scroll down
2) Pick your preferred package
3) Read our Gran Fondo Waiver
4) Add to Cart
5) Check Out
6) See you on August 27, 2017
Registration will close Thursday, June 15, 2017. The Shimano Gran Fondo will be limited to 200 riders.
Please click to see the Sizing Chart